Watch the ATSC3pro Binomial version user interface demonstration
- By broadcasters to test signal reception and performance. ATSC3pro supports remote signal recording and playback.
- By broadcasters for beta trials.
- By ATSC equipment vendors for testing
- By retailers to showcase and demonstrate 4K TV receivers.
- By OEMs to customize the UI. ATSC3pro comes with HTML5 source code for the user interface.
- To implement custom diagnostics and features per broadcaster requirements.
- As an ideal platform for custom projects because the entire software source code has been written and is controlled by BitRouter.
- Intel i5 NUC
- 4GB RAM
- 120GB SSD
- IR receiver and remote control
- USB ATSC tuner
- Optional 2TB HDD for future local VOD and DVR support
The currently shipping software release is called Binomial. It supports:
- ATSC 1.0 & ATSC 3.0
- Multiple tuners
- Grid guide
- Remote broadcast recording
- Diagnostic data logging
- WebKit, WPE & Vewd browser
- HTML5 UI with source code
- Channel map storage
- Wi-Fi setup
- Channel scan
- Local VOD with optional 2TB HDD
- NXP i.MX 8M SoC support
- Software updates through Dec 31, 2020
The NAB 2020 release is called Cofactor. It will support:
- Auto software updates
- Widevine DRM
The Summer 2020 release is called Dihedral. It will be consumer deployment ready and support:
- Dolby® Audio MS12 (AC-4)
- Menu and audio language options
- Parental controls
- Third party guide data integration
- Captions & subtitles
Future releases will add support for:
- OTT Application
- Simultaneous STB & Gateway operation
- iOS & Android clients
- Other embedded SoC platforms
- Downloadable broadcaster apps
- Advanced Emergency Alert